The SISRRA group welcomes applications of outstanding undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral students. Financial support is typically provided for long-term research projects. Current topics of interest for the 2015-2020 application include:
- Probabilistic risk and resilience analysis methods for infrastructure systems
- Structural and infrastructural system reliability techniques
- Smart grid resilience and mitigation
- Wind turbines, wind farms, and grid connectivity
- Complexity and criticality in infrastructure engineering
- Dimension reduction for system reliability assessment
- Network science applications to lifeline systems
- Theoretical and computational probabilistic methods in infrastructure engineering
- Optimization-based Infrastructure Engineering
- Formal methods and algorithmic logic for infrastructure performance assessment.
Students with background and/or interests in probabilistic methods applied to civil engineering, operations research, reliability-based structure and infrastructure design, wind engineering, time-series, and network science are welcome to apply.